This statement documents PartsCargo’s policy concerning the use of the information collected by PartsCargo (“we” or “us”) through the use of partscargo.com (website) as well as the PartsCargo.com mobile application. We understand and acknowledge the need to protect our customers’ personal information shared with us through the use of our website and/or mobile application. On that note, we have resorted to provide an in-depth and transparent account into how we collect, use and protect our customers’ personal data.
Our privacy and cookies policy provides the following insights:
* sets out the types of personal data that we collect;
* explains how and why we collect and use your personal data;
* specifies how our customers’ personal information is used and protected;
* elaborates when and with whom we share our customers’ personal information; and
* explains the rights and choices you have when it comes to your personal data
TYPES OF PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED
This section highlights what personal data we may collect from our customers when they use our website and/or mobile application and what other personal data we may receive from other sources.
When a customer registers with us using our website and/or mobile application, he/she may provide us with:
* Personal details, including postal and billing addresses, email addresses and phone numbers
* Account login details, such as username and the password that has been chosen
We also receive various information from customers via online sources in the following ways:* Making online purchases, or other transaction, with us;
* Creating an account on our website or mobile services;
* Conducting a transaction or request a service where we collect;
* Request customer service or contact us;
* Post a review or comment on one of our social media pages, or post a rating, review or other user-generated content on our website or mobile;
* Participate in a contest, promotion, or survey
In addition, we utilize technology to collect other information about our customers. This information helps our website and mobile services to support our marketing and analytics efforts in order to understand our customers’ needs and provide information about our products and services. Here are some examples:Device Information: We collect technical information when customers visit our websites or use our mobile applications or services such as Internet Protocol (IP) address, the type of mobile device used, device operating system and browser type, a unique device identifier, the address of a referring websites, the path taken through our websites, and other information about customers’ session on our website.
Browsing Information: We use technologies such as cookies, web beacons, and mobile device identifiers to collect information about the use of our website and mobile services. Cookies allow us to provide our customers relevant information as they use or return to our sites. Web beacons allow us to know if a certain page was visited, an email was opened, or if ad banners on our websites and other sites were effective. We use these tools to provide a continuous and more personalized shopping experience for our customers.
We resort to other sources to receive information to help us correct or supplement our records, improve the quality or personalization of our service to you, and prevent or detect fraud. Other sources where we obtain customer information are as follows:* Social media pages e.g. Facebook
* Updated delivery and address information from our carriers or other third parties (which we use to correct our records)
* Supplemental Information received from third parties may include credit history information from credit bureaus and third-party credit card fraud detection services, which we use to help prevent and detect fraud
WHY DO WE USE CUSTOMERS’ PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use your personal information to provide you products and services, such as to fulfill your requests for products or to help us personalize our offerings to you.
We also use your personal information to support our business functions, such as fraud prevention, marketing, and legal functions.
* Fulfill customers’ requests for products and services and communicate with them about those requests;
* Register and service customers’ account, manage complaints and resolve any disputes;
* Administer contests, promotions, and surveys;
* Provide customer service and alert them about product information;
* Allow us to personalize our service offerings, websites, mobile services, and advertising by understanding our customers including their patterns, behaviors as well as their likes and dislikes;
* Help us improve user/customer experience in our website and mobile services;
* Send subscribers information about our products, services, and promotions;
* Respond to reviews, comments, or other feedback we receive;
* Protect and support our website, mobile services, our business, colleagues, customers and various stakeholders;
* Prevent and detect anti-social behavior, fraud and other crime
COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files containing a unique identifier, which are stored on your computer or mobile device so that your device can be recognized when you are using a particular website or mobile app. They can be used only for the duration of your visit or they can be used to measure how you interact with services and content over time. Cookies help to provide important features and functionality on our Websites and Mobile Apps, and to improve your customer experience.
After consenting to Cookies, we will be able to do the following:
Improve the way our Website and Mobile App work
* Cookies allow the application or website to remember choices you make, such as your language or region, and they provide improved features
* Cookies allow us to improve the way our Website and Mobile App work so that we can personalize your experience and allow the visitors to use many of their useful features
* It’s a group of cookies used to gather information to be able to identify trends of how people navigate the information in our website and when and where 'error messages' may originate
* The information collected is grouped with the information from everyone else’s cookies and then we are able to see the overall patterns of usage rather than any one person’s activity
Improve our marketing efforts:
* Cookies help us deliver online advertising that we believe is most relevant to the visitors on our Website
* Cookies may collect information about visitors’ online behavior, such as IP address, the website a user arrived from and information about purchase history or the content of shopping basket
Some cookies are necessary so you should not disable these if you want to be able to use all the features of our Websites and Mobile Apps. You can disable other cookies but this may affect your customer experience.
HOW DO WE PROTECT PERSONAL DATA?
We know how important it is to protect and manage our visitors’ personal data. On that note, we have implemented the following measures:
* We apply physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personal data;
* We protect the security of your information while it is being transmitted by encrypting it using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology;
* For payment card information, we use secured networks, encryption or other protection of cardholder data, physical and technical access controls, monitoring and tests of security systems, and other information security practices;
* We use computer safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption to keep this data safe;
* We only authorize access to employees and trusted partners who need it to carry out their responsibilities;
* We regularly monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks, and we carry out penetration testing to identify ways to further strengthen security;
* We will ask for proof of identity before we share your personal data with you; and
* We will reveal only the last four digits of your payment card number when confirming an order.
Whilst we take appropriate technical and organizational measures to safeguard your personal data, it is important that you keep your login details and devices protected from unauthorized access.
HOW DO WE SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION OUTSIDE OUR ORGANIZATION?
We work with a number of Retail Partners who:
* sell products through our services; or
* offer products, services
We only share personal data that enable our Retail Partners to provide their services.
We share personal information about you with service providers that help with our business activities, including shipping vendors, billing and refund vendors, payment card processors, and companies that help us improve our products and services. We require our service providers to keep your personal information secure. We do not allow our service providers to use or share your personal information for any purpose other than providing services on our behalf. Your personal information may be stored and processed by our service providers in the United States or other locations where the service providers or we maintain facilities.
We may share personal data with other organizations in the following circumstances:
* if the law or a public authority says we must share the personal data or for the administration of justice;
* if we need to share personal data in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (this includes providing personal data to others for the purposes of preventing fraud);
* where we restructure, sell or transfer our business (or a part of it). For example, in connection with a takeover or merger
HOW LONG WILL WE US PERSONAL DATA FOR?
We (PartsCargo.com) will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
YOUR CHOICE REGARDING COOKIES
Web browser cookies
We work with a number of Retail Partners who:
* You can use your browser settings to accept or reject new Cookies and to delete existing Cookies. You can also set your browser to notify you each time new Cookies are placed on your computer or other device. You can find more detailed information about how you can manage Cookies through your browser’s help function.
* If you choose to disable some or all Cookies, you may not be able to make full use of our Websites. For example, you may not be able to add items to your shopping basket, proceed to checkout, or use any of our products and services that require you to sign in.
Cookies work differently on Mobile Apps as they are coded into the App itself and will use a unique identifier created by your mobile device for use for advertising activities. You can turn off or reset this advertising identifier through your mobile device’s privacy settings.
HOW TO CONTACT US?
* 3601 36th Ave,
* Astoria, NY 11106, United States
* Email: email@example.com
HOW WILL I KNOW IF THIS POLICY CHANGES?
Effective Date: 1st October 2018